The Toronto Blue Jays made history by turning their fourth triple play in franchise history last night against the Kansas City Royals. It’s the first in 33 years, not since September 21st 1979.
Here are the dates of all the previous triple plays in Blue Jays history:
1.) April 22nd 1978 vs. Chicago White Sox
2.) September 7th 1979 vs. Cleveland Indians
3.) September 21st 1979 vs. New York Yankees
4.) April 20th 2012 vs. Kansas City Royals
Perhaps the most impressive thing about this list is not only did the Blue Jays turn three triple plays in two seasons, but the fact they turned two triple plays in the span of 15 days during the 1979 season.
Though, if you ask most Blue Jays fans, they’ll say the list should really be FIVE triple plays.
- thunderchasingthewind likes this
- sportsband likes this
- bessarion reblogged this from muneismagical
- muneismagical reblogged this from bluejayhunter
- the-joelong likes this
- gojaysgo said: I’m going to say it; WHY WOULD GRUBER TRY AND CHASE DOWN DEON SANDERS??? Throw the ball and it’s an obvious out.
- bluejayhunter posted this